In this modern era, everyone gets attracted by a look, which can also be said as the first impression is the last impression. India is a developing country; here the infrastructure plays a vital role in the development. Before making any building one should know the different dimensions which are very important for the looks of the building.
1. These include the thickness of the wall, the structure of the building, the the interior used in building, and most important the shape and size of windows and doors of the building.
Why important for Hotel?
If we talk about hotels, it is a place where many people get together for a special occasion. The space of the hotel is very large which has different partition like the ceremony hall, restaurant, rooms, reception and kitchen.
1. The size, shape of the window, and the door are very important in a hotel, so that crowd can easily get in or exit the hotel.
2. The size of the door needs to be wide which creates panic in the hotel and it becomes easy for many people to walk in together.
3. As it is already been discussed that hotel space is large which needs proper ventilation, so the doors and windows are specially meant to be large in size.
How windows are important?
The windows allow the sunlight and good air inside the hotel when it is required. The radiation of solar can penetrate the windows and can also lead to considerable heat gain.
1. There is an option for reducing the gain of heat from windows are size and orientation.
2. Attaining proper penetration of daylight and heat requires a calibration between visual and heat transmission qualities of glass glazing, and also the sizing and orientation of openings.
3. The ration of the window should be 40% or lower for adequate insulation in the cold weather with higher R-values allow higher ratios from more advanced windows.
4. In hot weather, the ratios are higher which are acceptable without well-insulated windows until the windows are well shaded from the sun’s heat.
There are some types of doors and windows which suit best for a hotel are as follows:
1. Casement windows
These types of windows are mostly used nowadays and also in the rooms of the hotel. This type of window provides fresh air and good ventilation to any small room. The mesh shutters can also be provided to stop the entering of flys and mosquitos.
2. Louvered windows
The louvered windows can be folded and easy to maintain the slope by tilting cord and lifting cord. These types of windows are mostly used in bathroom and privacy places. The louvers are sloped down from outside to run-off rainwater.
3. Sliding windows
Sliding windows have two or three panels which slide opposite, can be horizontal and vertical according to requirement. These types of windows and doors are mostly used in hotel halls, banks, malls.